* My children have not worn underwear for one month. Should I be worried? Or shoes. I did trim Chas and Sam's fringes yesterday, though, so they can now see.
* Chas and I went to Mount Hope Hospital on Wednesday night to X-Ray his hand after a muddy soccer foul and accidental stamping incident. The staff at Couva Health Centre, where we went first, and at Mount Hope, were kind, pleasant, concerned and professional. A fracture was suspected but nothing showed up on the X-Ray, so Chas can continue sailing next week if he can use his hand. He is VERY relieved, because "I have been looking forward to this for a WHOLE YEAR!!" It's still a bit swollen and horrible-coloured, and I hope he can use it on Monday.
* I am feeling the pinch financially because no-one is buying art or expensive gifts, and I have to buy a car in ONE MONTH. The market is bad for those of us trying to sell useless pretty items.
* However, I have been painting and I like what is developing there. I will be a brilliant, poor, carless artist, and wear rags. Bah.
* I have not done any ironing in weeks, but Sean goes back to work on Sunday so I have to tackle the pile of shirts today. Ironing is very good thinking work, though, especially when you have good music on.
* I meant to mention, Chirpy disappeared. He was probably eaten by a fat hawk who has been around. So It Goes.
* I went to Couva Market with Mum this morning, and bought a huge bag of sweet potatoes, eddoes, watercress, and so on. Love the market. There were boxes of baby chicks, and a dubious fish section, and a man selling pork. Plus, hundreds and hundreds of avocadoes going cheap. (The chicks were going "cheep"!) it is avocado... or "Zaboca" as we call it... season now, and Chas and I are full of glee. We have two zaboca trees! Hee hee!
* If I could just come up with a way to "Keep" zabocas, like freezing or canning! You can mash them and add lime juice and stuff to refrigerate for a while, but it just doesn't keep for long. Anyone have a trick? Maybe I should try freezing some and see what happens...
* Do you realise what a terrible blogger I have been? What is wrong with me? I should post something every day, for my own good, but somehow it's not happening. Am I too busy? What, busier than usual? No. Am I distracted? Possibly. Do I need vitamins? Slightly stressed out? Tired? That is normal. I can't think why I haven't been able to come up with anything fun, funny or deep. I have been dwelling on the negative recently, which is a waste of time and energy, no? I don't want to write anything too negative because it's not what I need to do!
* I feel unappreciated. I also have PMS which doesn't help.
* So there you have it: A Post, for what it's worth. Tell me something funny. Leave me a comment. Send me a joke. Extra points for anyone who can come up with jokes about laundry or ironing!