Catherine at Her Bad Mother: The World According To Mom and her friend David are having a party! And everyone's invited. At least, Witchypoo invited me, and I'm inviting several peeps who will hopefully invite several more.
Catherine and David hope to create an "Around The World In Eighty Clicks" Adventure with the help of Mommy Bloggers. All we have to do is list five things we love about being a Mama. Visit Catherine for all rules and regulations, and also to check out Mommy Bloggers from all over the world. This is going to be fun!
So. Five things I love....
* I love the way my boys are SO DIFFERENT from one another. Same parents, same upbringing, but somehow born with completely individual beautiful personalities. This fascinates me.
* I love that my long, tall, bony, smelly eldest son will still occasionally cuddle. I treasure those moments, as I never know when it will happen again!
* I love the laughter. Roll-on-the-floor laughs, weird humour, puns, joyful glee; every day my boys make me laugh.
* I LOVE reading stories every night. I am going to keep it up till they get married. Maybe they will let me come on honeymoon with them, and I can read to their wives too! And then I will read to my grandchildren. Assuming I have any after all that.
* I love the strength I have found in myself. People often ask "HOW did you do it?!" and I always say, "I don't know. It's a blur!" but I DO know that if I could have three boys in four years and raise them to be reasonably normal humans while remaining relatively sane? I can do anything, dudes. Nothing can scare me now.
And NOW! I would like to tag some foreigners:
Theresa at Angels Mama in Estonia.
Hayley at Rantings and Ramblings in Trinidad.
Doodaddy, even though he is not a mommy per se. But he's from California which is another country.
Planet Nomad, currently residing in Morocco and with many tales of parenting in foreign climes.
And in England, There Ewe Are.
And that's it. Great writers, Great Parents who I'm sure can come up with at LEAST five things they love about being a parent.