This one's courtesy of my friend Wacky Mommy, (thank you Wacky Mommy!) who knows way more than seven things about me. But she won't tell!
1) Ummmmm, my mind goes blank when I get a Meme. So I'll go make a cup of tea and get back to you.
2) Earl Grey with a drop of milk. But any old tea will do, including a variety on non-fruity herbals. A bikkie will turn my cup of tea into a feast.
3) Some of you already know this, but my commenters just brighten my life and crack me up. I am impressed with the way you took Comment Moderation in your stride yesterday - you have turned Spam Annoyance into FUN and I think you are all geniuses!
"'tavenes' which is an ancient language spoken in Taverns. Infact in some of the more rural places in the British Isles they still speak it."
"my word is 'cathoma', and yes I do have a cat and she has a nice homa."
"saunc, which I think is something sung by a dork."
"Somebody doesn't know how to spell in moderation world... maybe it's Elfen...or Dragonese..."
"I got 'inflanki' as my word - could mean an amazing Russian nautical manoeuvre to outwit those in pursuit."
Brilliant! Today's best Moderation Words and Meanings will feature in the next post...
But where was I? Oh yes... 4) I live ten minutes walk away from the Most Beautiful Beach in Britain. Awesome OR WHAT? Today mum and I walked there, just for so, (and agreed that it is the best) and then we walked back via the cliffs and Boscombe Chine Gardens.
5) We live across the road from the primary school, and I could (If I wanted) watch my kids playing in the playground. However, the kitchen is on the opposite side of the house and it's MUCH nicer and sunnier, so I don't. But, it's nice to hear the screeching of happy kids at playtime, I like it.
6) I just bought myself a laptop stand and it has REALLY made a difference. I thought it might be a gimmick, but my posture is better and my neck is feeling the eeeease. Two weeks ago, when I had a deadline with artwork coming in at the last minute and layout STRESS, I thought I would never be able to straighten my spine again. A week off with daily yoga and walks helped, but we must all look after our backs, writers and internetties!
7) When Sam goes to sleep at night, the last thing he thinks about is food. Last night as I kissed him goodnight he said "I'll go straight to sleep quietly if you promise to make oven barbecue chicken and mashed potatoes for supper". I poked my head into the room five minutes later and said "Chicken out, defrosting!" and he sighed the happiest sigh you have ever heard and went straight to sleep. I love that boy. Well, I love them all of course!
For a lovely thing to do with your kids this summer, check out my article this week at GNM Parents: A Walk Through The Milky Way!
Now, I'm having a really hard time deciding who to tag. So you see my sidebar there, on the right? Those are the bloggers who I love and can't get enough of. They are ALL positive, informative, hilarious, or all of the above. I don't keep blogs there unless I really want to read them every day, and you should check them out.
So can I tag everyone there? Good. Looking forward to hearing seven things about you all!