Skip to main content
Thursday Thirteen and Anti-Cabbage
- I am back at my favourite 'Temp' job. At work, people go by with bright blue spiky hair. And Orc-type creatures, fully armed. Persons so completely covered in paint or clay they look like Art themselves.
- I walk through an Art Gallery to get to my office.
- I am disorganized and a little swamped at home, but last night I did a ton of laundry and even IRONED stuff!!! We've been here before, haven't we. But now I have older kids, so it's easier.
- At least we don't have dog hair.
- The boys are being pretty helpful. But they haven't figured out that cooking is not helpful if the kitchen looks like a hurricane has hit when they are done.
- How can I inspire myself to get some writing work done once I get home from work, and not collapse in a brain-dead slump? Suggestions please :)
- When I was taking care of Margo, she had a grocery list in her head that said, "Milk, Cabbage". Every time she went out she bought those items. I would take her to the supermarket, and she would insist on buying cabbage. Then later that afternoon she would sneak out and buy more cabbage. Then she would pull me aside and say, "WHO has been putting all this cabbage in my fridge? It's ridiculous! Please take it with you." And then the next day she would buy more. No-one in my family likes cabbage, but we ate it dutifully, in stir-fries and coleslaw. Or we gave it to neighbours and friends, until they very politely said "No. Thank You."
- We get organic veggies delivered every week, from a nearby farm. For the winter months, cabbage has been a staple of our diet, along with parsnips, carrots, potatoes... This week, as I was saying, "Go on, have some of this scrummy coleslaw," the boys finally revolted. A hilarious discussion ensued ("Remember Margo and the daily Cabbage? It's BACK!") and we decided that we are being STALKED by cabbage. Is it Karma? We long for spring and summer, and tomatoes, and salad greens...
- I am writing this at work, in a rare quiet moment. Sometimes, it's absolute chaos here.
- I'm using my brother-in-law's car while they are away, and it's been lovely... long drives to visit cousins, short drives to work. Hopefully Spring will be here next week, when I have to go back to taking the bus.
- Or, as it will be Spring and warm and sunny, I may ride my bike. Hmmm...
- Which will solve my needing-exercise problem very neatly.
- Happy Thursday, everyone!