Some skills include:
- Lecturing and seminar leadership: International Policy and Intervention; Globalisation and Marginalisation at Bournemouth University
- Research / Qualitative narrative coding and literature Reviews: Nvivo data analysis software
- Rainforest experience and survival
- Humanitarian and Emergency Assistance
- Infant care specialist worker and lecturer
- Features Research and Writing: Aquila Children's Magazine and others
- Archive research, oral history recording, interviews for qualitative research
- IT, with many years experience in IT administration and information governance. I've been trying not to work in IT for quite some time, but it keeps pulling me back!
"Nan's work was of exceptional quality, her research was thorough and she contributed an enormous amount to the project. The results of her research will be used in our forthcoming exhibition, documentary and booklet."
Charlotte Bill, Film Director
"Nancy is never fazed by the size of the class or daunted by the prospect of speaking on breastfeeding to large numbers of, sometimes initially unreceptive, teenage youth. She has a spontaneous, non judgemental , respectful approach which is greatly appreciated by students and staff alike. This has resulted in every Centre putting in special requests, specifically asking for Nancy to conduct their programmes. In recent times she has also been involved in training other counsellors to become facilitators for the programme and all remark on her easy, but effective, training style, as well as her easy interaction with the young people... Her ‘down to earth’ approach is welcomed and she is particularly good at encouraging interaction within groups whose members may be slow to participate."
Rosemary Anatol, TIBS
"Ms. Sheppard offered extremely professional customer service skills in supporting ICT calls from students and staff, as well as interacting with external stakeholders and suppliers. Ms. Sheppard is extremely diligent and supportive in all the work she carries out, whether defining business administration tasks in understanding workflows and improving business efficiencies to general support of ICT systems including Windows / Mac operating systems, mobile devices (laptops, phones and tablets) and computer account administration."
Steve Harvey, Head of Digital Campus Services
"I first hired Nan to write a feature for Issue 2 of Work Your Way Magazine and was so impressed by her writing, that I hired her to write and blog for us on a regular basis. Nan is an incredibly talented writer, who has that rare ability to transport you to wherever she is writing about. She captivates you with imagery and local knowledge that only a well heeled traveller could possibly possess. The result is not only authentic but very beautiful writing. I can highly recommend Nan, and look forward to seeing her produce work for far bigger names. I'm sure we will."
Mary Cummings, Editor
UK driving licence, reliable car