* Say, "good grief, what's all this about? Must be an accident."
* Put soothing music in CD player, and settle in for the long haul.
* Hand out snacks.
* Initiate lively educational discussion.
* Argue for 15 minutes about what CD to play, because the one I chose is "lame".
* Spill Quaker Oats on jammies.
* Accuse sibling of hiding pencils on other side of car.
* Climb through car to thwack sibling with lunchbox.
* Remind all children of the importance of seatbelt safety.
* Remind mother that we are doing zero mph. "oh, unsafe speeds Mum! SLOW DOWN while I re-fasten my seatbelt!"
* Explain how automatic wiping works.
* Threaten to put children out on highway.
* Wish we were all back in bed.
* Suggest revising times tables.
* Admire Cheerio sculpture.
* Decide to skip school and work, kidnap Debs and the kids, call Sharon, and all go to Mayaro for the rest of the week. YAY!