Make mas', not war!
Guess what she was wearing in front?
Sean was in love with these dimples...
So that was Carnival. We got back to Chaguanas on Tuesday night, and I had just slipped my feet (Oh! De agony of de feet!!) into a basin of hot water when they got the Las' Lap truck started up with David Rudder's "Hallelujah". So off we went again, into the road, until we just couldn't take it any more. Midnight, all Trini stopped moving. The government complained that as few as 20 percent of Trini kids made it to school on Ash Wednesday in some areas... And the other 80 percent sat on the couch and rubbed the feet of their errant groaning parents.
On Thursday I gave TWO lectures at two different trade schools (my voice held out... just!), juggling a middle boy who wasn't feeling well with other factors of real life. It was fine. Carnival will keep me for a long, long time. Next year, when I am sheltering under an English bus stop watching the rain fall, I will try not to be jealous of all of you who didn't play mas' this year and WILL next year!
Love the sign on the wall, too.
Somehow I have this niggling feeling that I will be seeing you there anyway!