Winter Jogging Tips:
- It's Dark. Wear reflective gear.
- Summer 'breathable' shoes are chilly, you'll need warm running shoes or seriously fabulous socks.
- Be careful in icy conditions, stick to approved tracks.
- Cold ears! Wear a headband or fluffy hood. Similar for fingers - gloves are a must.
- Don't dress TOO warmly. Start out a little chilly because soon you'll be sweating.
Once I get moving, I gradually want to move more. The last few months I've been sitting at a desk, becoming more lazy and tired with each passing week. It takes a huge effort to get home from work, change into comfy clothes AND THEN LEAVE the house again, when all I want to do is plop my tired butt on the sofa and think evil thoughts about washing dishes and folding laundry. It's cold, there aren't enough hours in the day and oh look, it might rain. The trick, for me, is to absolutely, immediately, instantly as I get in the door, change and get back out again, whatever the weather. I think, "Okay, just twice round the track" but once I'm out there I stay for long enough to get my heart pumping. And once I'm going, I throw in some yoga and a few glasses of water and ta-daa! I have more energy, and my body feels better. Maybe in the spring, I will be fitting back in to my clothes. I hope so anyway, because I hate shopping!
What are your busy-life keep-fit tips? (And no, "Lay off the fudge" does not count!)